Ten people took part in the first EcoTeams training event with Optima Community Association in Birmingham yesterday. As part of the training we shared top tips for saving energy and water as well as other actions with a better impact on the environment.
- Using energy monitors to identify the biggest electricity users in the home
- Filling most of the empty space in a fridge or freezer with polystyrene, or empty bottles to stop the loss of cold air when the doors are opened.
- Cutting shower time
- Collecting water that’s wasted when waiting for hot water from the tap – using it for something else, like rinsing washing up
- Get together with friends when trying out a new walking route – safety in numbers and makes it more enjoyable too
- Take bus timetables and maps to community group meetings to share different ways of getting to the next meeting
Keep following this blog for more tips and ideas – or add a comment to share your own top tips.